At Milken Community School, we think education is more than what you know. Our School, founded on Jewish values, is about who our children can become and how they can help others become who they might be. Because the world our children will create tomorrow is born in the School we build today, our mission is to educate our children so they can surpass us.
The Director of Technology works with the technology team, administrators, students, and faculty and is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the School’s information technology. Director drives change, manages multiple priorities, and communicates effectively with all constituencies. The position provides effective management of the technology department staff, including training and evaluation, and manages daily operations of the technology department. The Director of Technology reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works in close collaboration with the Academic and Operational Leadership teams.
● Supervise, evaluate, train, and guide a team of technology support staff.
● Manage technology support to ensure that someone is always available for faculty, staff, students, and parents for technology support during both business and non business hours, when necessary.
● Deploy and manage ESX environment (VMs, OVF templates, patching).
● Make recommendations and implement network infrastructure changes (e.g. routing tables, network design changes).
● Provide technology support, assistance, and training to administrators, faculty, staff, and students in a range of technologies and applications.
● Help with network and server support, including a working knowledge of network protocols such as routing, DNS, IP configurations, etc.
● Provide routine maintenance of desktops, laptops, and iPads, including updates, software upgrades, imaging, and hardware replacement.
● Analyze products and make recommendations on use of new products and services.
● Develop hardware and software standards, policies, and procedures.
● Develop and implement a long-range technology plan.
● Install and maintain additional technologies, including printers, copiers, phones, scanners, software, and other peripherals used by employees and students.
● Participate in the annual budget setting.
● Stays current on new trends in technology, including the areas of operating systems (including mobile), office applications, image, and video editing, etc.
● Interfaces with technology consultants and vendors.
● Through formal and informal training, continue the development of personal and professional skills by staying current with trends in information technology.
● Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Has a collaborative approach to leadership and a strong commitment to teamwork.
● Ability to provide leadership and strategic direction with regard to enterprise-wide technology.
● A solid understanding of networking protocols and the ability to analyze existing network infrastructure in an effort to apply best practices and implement possible IT migration strategies.
● Ability to interface with a variety of constituents in developing and implementing a strategic vision for administrative and educational computing.
● Ability to identify potential areas where existing technology policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed in order to adhere to future technology standards and concepts.
● Detail oriented and strategic approach to workload priorities.
● Has a strong understanding of technology as a tool for teaching and learning.
● Work in collaboration with the team to be available for 24/7 support to administrators, faculty, staff, and students. Be available and participate in system repairs and implementations that must be done during non-business hours.
● Has a high level of energy, patience, empathy, and understanding in meeting the overall needs of all technology users in the schools.
● Ability to leverage effective analytic, written, and oral communications skills.
● B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science or related major. Advanced degrees or certifications a plus.
● Minimum of 5 to 7 years in Information Technology Management capacity (preferably in a school environment).
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org