Student support is organized to strengthen and support all students’ academic and social progress. All activities and educational offerings are specifically designed to engage students in their own learning and growth. Students, parents, faculty, and administrators work collaboratively to ensure that each student’s individual needs are addressed as they challenge themselves to become wiser and kinder human beings.
- Provide individual support to students.
- Assess student social-emotional functioning with a focus on preventative measures and early intervention.
- Engage students in a social skills group.
- Coordinate and produce parent education programs.
- Develop advisory program content and advisor capacity.
- Act as a support and resource to staff on adolescent development.
- Provide crisis intervention assistance to school personnel and students in emergency situations.
Academic Support Services:
- Coordinate meetings with parents, teachers, and learning specialists to determine learning accommodations and goals for students.
- Document detailed and learning specific descriptions of student challenges and resulting accommodations with school based goals and expectations.
- Conduct classroom observations and assist teachers with the educational placements and differentiation of students.
- Consult with students, parents, teachers, educational therapists, and tutors to assist in meeting the learning needs of students.
- Inform and train teachers on effective strategies that work with individual students.
Students may drop by at any time to talk. All services are confidential unless otherwise discussed.