Administrative Coordinator to Athletics
This position will provide support and assistance to the High School Athletic Director, Middle School Athletic Director, and the Equipment Manager in all daily activities, tasks, projects and major events.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associate Degree
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivational skills and group leadership skills.
- Language skills- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with parents, staff, students, vendors and the general public.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations and where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to operate a personal computer and related software. Ability to develop effective working relationships with the students, staff, vendors, parent’s administration and the school community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to handle a multitude of responsibilities with minimal supervision. Be punctual for all athletic events.
- Experience in athletics.
- Previous administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google, and the school’s data base system.
Perform administrative assistant responsibilities necessary to accomplish objectives established
by the Athletic Director. Adapts to the variety of responsibilities. Presents positive image in
contacts with the parents, community and staff. Properly handles confidential matters relating
to students, student records, parents, staff and any other school-related issues. Work hours
include night and weekends as athletic events require.The following functions are in coordination with the AD’s and Equipment Manager:
- Handles routine correspondence, phone calls and daily office management.
- Maintain accurate filing system for the Athletic Department.
- Prepare correspondence for the Athletic Director’s and Equipment Manager.
- Assist Athletic Director in scheduling athletic contest and programs (awards night, senior night etc.)
- Assist the Athletic Director/Equipment Manager in placing orders, processing and disbursement, and inventory of equipment and uniforms.
- Meet with transportation to schedule transportation for all off-site practices and games.
- Assist the Athletic Director in organizing, manage and facilitate athletic awards.
- Ability to multi task.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified.
- Maintain confidentiality and loyalty to employer.
- Fill out contracts for all non-league schools.
- Paint fields when necessary.
- Assist the Athletic Director in maintaining team schedules, roster and results.
- Prepares school, conference and CIF certificates at the end of the season.
- Assist the Athletic Director in organizing awards and makes sure all names are spelled correctly.
- Assist with issuing, collecting and inventorying all equipment from coaches.
- Fill any in house PE uniforms or athletic uniform request.
- Help hand out any school issued uniforms. Help collect them at the end of the season.
- Wash the uniforms and store them for the following year. Send home bills to any student who has not returned a uniform as directed by the Athletic Director.
- Assist the Athletic Director in coordinating coaches training sessions as necessary (NFHS courses and First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Attend pre-season coach’s and parent meeting prior to each of the three seasons.
- Assist the Athletic Director in coordinating post season awards ceremonies for each sport team in conjunction with team parents.
- Ability to coach if needed.
- Flexible in being able to help out when needed (score games, senior photos, run clock).
- Assist the Athletic Director in overseeing orientation process of all new coaches including:
- Distribution of athletic handbook
- Necessary keys
- Parking decal
- CIF code of Ethics
- Mandatory Coaching Course and First Aid
- A love for students and a desire to assist them in their personal, educational and athletic development.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to: email@example.com